Sunday, July 24, 2005

Oh my...

Shot man not connected to bombing

Petty criminal?
What an absolute PR cock up!
"We are now satisfied that he was not connected with the incidents of Thursday 21st July 2005.

"For somebody to lose their life in such circumstances is a tragedy and one that the Metropolitan Police Service regrets."
Update, so far it appears...

1. Man is Brazilian, a country hardly known for its Muslim population.
2. According to the police, not involved at all.
3. Was shot five times in the head after being pinned down because he was suspected to be a suicide bomber. (according to witnesses based interviewed on BBC London on day of bombing)

Sounds like murder/execution to me.

Tony Blair is very mum about the whole situation...

Update 2 (14:20 BST):

According to the BBC, the man shot dead is a legal immigrant. It is scary that an apparent white man legal immigrant was shot five times in the head while on the floor. I wonder how trigger happy police would react when meeting Asian or Arab men. Scary...

Now the second problem is why did the man run? According to eye witness, he was being chased by plain clothes police. Well I have seen pictures of these plain clothes police before and they do not look anything like police. I know I am stretching my limits here, but they do look more like mercenaries. If you see a bunch of guys chasing you with guns with no visible police identification, you would run wouldn't you? (And this is around the Brixton area, notorious for gang violence)

Third problem, and this is something I find awfully scary. Witnesses has described 'wires' on Charles de Menezes body which in their shallow mind could have only meant he had a bomb. Now what? I can't listen to my personal music player on the Tube anymore because of the wires that will be sticking out of my shirt because some over excited passenger might identify me of being wired to a bomb.

Another blow for this government's public relations department. I wonder how they are going to spin this.

No comments: