Thursday, August 18, 2005

South Ealing Cemetery, London

Walked by this little old cemetery last evening. Couldn't resist. I just love wandering through old cemeteries (I need help). I know, it is the hungry ghost festival but that's in Asia so no worries about the dead. Plus I don't really believe in ghost. Not all the time anyway.

South Ealing cemetery (1861) is one of London's oldest Victorian cemeteries. The graveyard is non-denominational just like Highgate cemetery (1839).

The cemetery is well kept with just a couple of broken monuments. Not sure if any famous people are buried here.





















I did not have much time to stroll around as I was in a hurry. Check out London Cemeteries for a larger variety of (better) pictures.
Map
Tube: South Ealing

7 comments:

Jon Choo said...

Thanks! :)

d4g said...

yeah i have to agree the pics look awesome :)

and even the cemetary looks better than the ones we have back at home... more well kept I guess :P

hmm...maybe I should visit a Canadian cemetary lol

btw i've tagged you to my blog, hope you dont mind :)

Jon Choo said...

No problem.

Pity about the state of cemeteries in Malaysia. No respect for the dead!

Will await picture of Canadian graves.

elb said...

*grin* I was just there like last month when I popped by Ealing looking for accommodation.

Sue Bailey said...

Thanks for the link Jon - your pictures are great though. South Ealing is a gorgeous cemetery. The lodge came up for sale a couple of years ago and I'd've loved to have lived there!!

Anonymous said...

some great photos here, I am slightly obsessed with taking photos in cemeteries (see link on site if you're at all interested)

Jon Choo said...

Quite some new comments. I wouldn't say cemeteries are spooky. And the flats behind South Ealing cemetery happens to be fab too.

C.sisters, I also have an unheathly obsession with cemeteries particularly London Victorian ones.