Tuesday, March 29, 2005

Linguistic challenged Malaysian

I have always found it hard to explain the finer points of Malaysian-style English to my more mundane (but intoxicated) British 'buddies'. You see, most of us learn Manglish subconsciously and it would be too difficult to teach someone about our fine taste in linguistic preference. It's like trying to teach an adult how to shit or eat.

You can experience some garbled up English in Wong Kei but its all different. Manglish is more colourful, mixing not only bad English, but also bad Malay and bad Chinese.

So read this blog entry on the superiority of Malaysian English, compared to British English in everyday communication. (Macvaysia)

2 comments:

5xmom.com said...

Probably they need to eat some belacan, cincalok and durian then only they can appreciate Manglish. Cheers!

Anonymous said...

That's funny. I am British and I love durian (hate the smell) but I have no inkling on how to understand your language.

-Jay