Saturday, March 19, 2005

Current playlist...

Tonight I will be boarding a 13 hour flight. In preparation for complete boredom, bad food and crap movies I have updated my 1Gb SD card on my i-mate JAM to include some good music.

Ambient Ibiza music rules the day with my Cafe Del Mar collection, but I also included some other genres for good measure. Doom is there in the form of Anathema as with early 90s British grindcore (Carcass). Traditional British club music is represented by Ministry of Sound while Brits 2005 winners - Scissor Sisters and Franz Ferdinand will also aim to please my ears. Moby's Hotel came out last week and hopefully I can finally sit down and enjoy his music.

Bought Will Self's 2002 paperback edition of Feeding Frenzy this morning. It is a collection of Will Self's journalism and selected writings from 1995-2000. Articles published will include everything from restaurant reviews to Tate Modern, British art scene and cultural phenomena. I truly enjoyed Will Self's Dr Mukti and Other Tales of Woes and his other articles variously published through different papers with his pseudo-intellect contemporary modern style of writing.

For good measures I will also be bringing Mark Kurlansky's 1968 paperback. I have finished it but its good to re-read it once again in order to pick the brains of the 1960s revolutionaries.

Also included a couple episodes of Futurama. This will eat my JAM's battery so I probably won't watch them.

Books

Will Self - Feeding Frenzy



Mark Kurlansky - 1968, The Year that Rocked the World



Music

Cafe Del Mar : Volumen Siete



Cafe Del Mar : Volumen Once



Cafe Del Mar : Volumen Ocho



Cafe Del Mar : Volumen Seis


Fatboy Slim - Palookaville



Moby - Hotel



Groove Armada - The Best of



Ministry of Sound - Clubber's Guide 2005



Scissor Sisters - Scissor Sisters



Anathema - A Fine Day to Exit



Franz Ferdinand - Franz Ferdinand



Carcass - Heartwork



All covers from Amazon UK.

No comments: