Saturday, July 14, 2007

E307: Did E3 change your mind?

PlayStation 3

I want one now. MGS4, Ratchet & Clank, Echochrome, Heavenly Sword, Little Big Planet, Killzone 2, Socom: Confrontation, White Knight Story and the unannounced Team ICO project says so.

From a gamer's perspective it is mind boggling how much I hated Sony and their PS3 just six months ago, and now am willing to welcome the PS3 into our lives. But with Eurozone getting no price cut I am sorry to say that SCEE won't be getting any sales from me, yet. I also need my jRPG fix and so far there has been no major announcement by Nippon Ichi, Konami and Atlus concerning their PS3 RPG roadmap (to be fair none has announced their next-gen plans yet). But if we get at least two *proper* price cuts then I might bite.

Xbox 360

As a PC gamer I am still not convinced on the 360. There are some jRPGs (e.g. Eternal Sonata) that are getting my attention but until MS can convince me that their newer hardware is not inheriting core design flaws, I won't get one. Mass Effect looks very lovely and may tip me over. But I beg you, fix the hardware first MS! Somebody here wants to play Ninja Gaiden 2 without having to worry about hardware failure.

Wii

We already have one. Now we can't wait to get rid of it to a non-gamer soccer mum during the holiday season for a profit. May still get Super Mario Galaxy, No More Heroes and Trauma Center: New Blood (that is if it ever gets a Europe release) but until some AAA 3rd party titles (not ports) start appearing we will be glad to see appearing on CEX's cabinet. Wii Fit will not be welcomed here no matter how revolutionary the delusional mainstream press think it will be (Wii Sport is fun, but we still think people ought to get fit outdoors).


The mainstream press ought to research more if they think the Wii board is something new and revolutionary, as many non-gamers journalists claimed

We may change our mind if Nintendo can prove that they are committed to online gaming (Mario Kart isn't a proof especially after the long-term on-line disaster that is MK:DS) and original virtual console content.

BTW Nintendo, still waiting for all those launch games to be released here.

Windows PC

Crysis, Assassins Creed and Unreal Tournament 3 still wows me. Enough said.

Nintendo DS

Still worth playing even after all this time. Third party games are improving, and in some cases, bettering first party efforts. With Dragon Quest IX, Final Fantasy XII: Revenant Wings, Final Fantasy IV and Golden Sun, jRPG line-up for the DS is pretty strong, though it will probably never match the SNES and PS2. However I am still not convinced with Phantom Hourglass. Good reviews doesn't change the fact that I am not looking forward to touchscreen Zelda action.

But as it was two years ago the DS platform is unstoppable.

PlayStation Portable

The redesign doesn't look much though the expanded RAM interests me. Maybe once it dips below £99. Need my MGS:PO and Jeanne d'Arc fix.

SEGA Dreamcast 2

:(

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

>> SEGA Dreamcast 2
>>
>> :(

:D