Friday, July 20, 2007

Harry Potter launch party

Pictures from blurry mobile phone cam:





It was very tempting to shout out spoilers, but I guess I am getting a bit too nice. Plus I don't want hundreds of Potter fans coming for my blood.

Sigh, I am guessing I am getting too old for this shit...

Update: I pity those people across the road at Waterstone's. It's raining and they have to queue outside. No hot coffee too...

Update 2: No sign of Madeleine McCann's eyes...

Update 3: Plenty of people are bitching about the price of the new book in Malaysia (storm in a fucking small teacup). My take? Just pay whatever you think the book is worth, then get on with it. If you think it is worth £18 then pay it. If you think it is worth £9 then go find a shop that sells it at that price. If you think Rowling is rich enough already, torrent it. If you worship her then send her a cheque. It is your choice. But you can't force a store to set the price based on your needs.

4 comments:

RichardAM said...

Is that someone with a Slipknot hoodie? I guess everyone seems to have been sucked into this Harry Potter lark.

...am I missing much?

Kew said...

nice to see those potter fans sitting in the ilse to read the book...

Jon Choo said...

Not really. Contary to the New York Times opinion, Rowling isn't Shakesphere (not even close). She can write but her imagination is too limited. Too many plot holes that are cheaply covered up. But it is an entertaining if not a predictable series.

I didn't know people still listen to Slipknot... :/

tokyo_nights said...

all is back to normal over here in Malaysia. The big 4 bookstore chains have started selling the books..4 days after launch.