Thursday, June 22, 2006

Rediscovering an old interest

I was looking through some of my old stuff to eBay off when I found some old CDs that I haven't listened in a while. Those were when I was a huge Thrash Metal fan. I immediately ripped them on the computer, while the telly was blaring the season finale of Desperate Housewives (how vain), and installed them onto my DAP. Ah, the memories of Master of Puppets.

You see a few years ago, before Metallica decided to sue everybody, I was a huge fan of their old school material (pre-Black albums), and Master of Puppets was my favourite album. Who wouldn't say that with classic tracks like Orion, Battery, Welcome Home (Sanitarium), Leper Messiah and Damage Inc. Their stuff led me to Slayer, Megadeth, Exodus, Dark Angel, Anthrax, Sodom, Destruction, Testament, Suicidal Tendancies and a disliking for organised religion.

I looked through some of my old collection, on CDs and MiniDiscs. Back then I listened to most sub-genres of Metal including Black Metal (Emperor, Celtic Frost), Grindcore (Carcass, Napalm Death), Industrial (Ministry), Doom (Anathema) and Death Metal (Morbid Angel - ooo... I even still have Sailor Moon fan Trey Azagthoth's pink guitar plectrum). I even found some old stuff of Suffolk's most famous gothic band - Cradle of Filth.

I am quite busy ripping most of them up. Ah, the joy of rediscovering an old interest that you once thought you grew out. But at least this time I am open minded enough to enjoy them alongside other non agressive music.

Technorati tags:

No comments: