Saturday, June 10, 2006

Hahaha!

We were in town today, first sunbathing then taking advantage of the Yo! Sushi half price takeaway offer. At around 4.30pm we were walking through the high street, when I noticed that there weren't any celebrations by England fans.

No trumpets or anything. Pubs were empty. No dancing on the streets. No "Eng-ger-land". We speculated much of the time whether England lost (or drew) or won through an appalling performance. When we got back at 6pm I checked the BBCand found out that while England did win, they won by pure luck (own goal).


An ironic display of elation (image source: BBC News)

LOL. Anyway I won't judge since I did not watch the match but the England team should just shut up and stop talking about beating Brazil if they intent on going through the first round.

Technorati tags:

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Heh, the game started of ok, then faded after the first 20 minutes.

Jon Choo said...

I will check Match of the Day later tonight.

RichardAM said...

PLEASE do not get me started on a World Cup rant!

Like everything else it's totally blown out of proportion by the media.

No offense to any of the supporters or even English residents themselves, but the sooner you get kicked out the better, i'm sorry.

Jon Choo said...

Yay Scotland. Oh wait, nevermind. ;)

I guess I have to root for Sweden and Trinidad!