Wednesday, July 5, 2006

My Wimbledon Centre Court Ladies' Quarter Finals pictures

Maria Sharapova (4) Vs Elena Dementieva (7)

The match was a pretty disappointement. It was too short. We wanted an exciting match but Elena Dementieva kept making too many simple mistakes.

Granted Sharapova's grunts were quite annoying until Elena tried to mimic her's by creating an almost amusing grunt. It was pretty funny. But still we pushed her on. We wanted her to fight back. And while most of the crowds were supporting Sharapova, they are also keen on seeing a quality match that doesn't end in two sets.

Probably the only real highlight was the emergence of the streaker. He was sitting about a couple of seats from us. Below is a censored version of the shot I took.











Look at the number of ladies with their eyes wide open and smiling (some laughing too):



Update: Due to request, the uncensored picture can be found here. Please note that this is not suitable for work.


The streaker sat here, I must remember not to sit there...!



Victory, and one of the rare moments when Sharapova smiled:



Didn't I mention we had great seats?



Kim Clijsters (2) Vs Na Li (27)

In this match I was clearly rooting for Kim Clijsters. I read some articles about China's Na Li and frankly I do not like her one bit. At least not her attitude. The second reason why I am rooting for Kim is I want to see her face off again with her fellow Belgium rival Justine Henin-Hardenne. She didn't disappoint although she did have trouble despacting Na Li during the second set. But great and wonderful show court match though.







Yesterday's Centre Court ended with mens doubles, which not many people cared for, so we left early to enjoy the rest of the ground. I hope to be able to visit Centre Court again next year.



Technorati tags:

13 comments:

boo_licious said...

For one minute, I thot that was David Beckham in the nude!! Great pixs and what fantastic seats.

elb said...

what a disappointment; the streaker was of the wrong sex!

Awesome seats you had ;)

QUIK! said...

Brilliant, brilliant stuff!

Again, I'm really envious! WImbledon, Centre Court!

Em said...

I wanna see uncensored streaker pix thankiu :p

Jon Choo said...

@Anon, done. See updated post.

@Boo, well he has been said to be quite fit...

@Patrick, I guess I should be thankful that he wasn't aroused by both the ladies' grunting.

@Quik, again, see you next year!

Em said...

muahahahaha gross!!!!

Anonymous said...

so small one...

Anonymous said...

Brilliant!!!!

Anonymous said...

Sharapova is sexy!

You got her autograph right? She is walking towards you all!

Anonymous said...

Go Holland Go Holland.....

The streaker was a Dutch radio DJ.
They are doing a program called "Try Before You Die" and Sander (that's his name) alsways wanted to do this.

And this was the result of that.
I just saw it today on the Dutch television it was so funny....

Go Sander Go Sander

Spartan said...

You don't like Na Li....well screw you! Her many fans don't like you either.

Jon Choo said...

^ LOL!

: said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.