Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Fedora 9

Fedora has got to be one of my favourite Linux distro since I migrated from Red Hat and Mandrake years ago. I occasionally use their Live CD, though to be honest Windows XP works fine and is stable enough for me. The Register has a nice write up on some of the new features of Fedora 9, of which I agree the most interesting news with it is the ability to create a persistent Live USB stick with Fedora 9 on it. Documents created will be saved on the USB drive and so are any updates and software installations. I may have to buy that 8GB USB drive I saw at last week in preparation for this. Seriously this will be a boon for me when it comes to other PC. Plug in and fire up Firefox 3 or some of the new features, then save your setting when you shut down. You just can't do that with a Live CD.

Make sure to fire up your torrent client of choice later today, the i386 and x86-64 DVD images should be live soon.

No comments: