Friday, September 30, 2005

Subterranean London

I hate control freaks and office politics.


If you have an unhealthy obsession with the subterranean world then do check out this week's TimeOut London. Thanks to Annie for pointing it out. I managed to snag a copy (paid for) in Victoria today.

Included in the issue is a guide to 19 of London's hip underground restaurants. All of which I could hardly afford. A couple of rare pictures of people sheltering and sleeping in the Tube network during The Blitz also graced the feature.

I also found out that the 'graffitied' concrete pillbox in Stockwell, which I pass through almost weekly is in fact the entrance to the now disused deep-level WWII air raid shelter. Same with the curious building we saw in Clapham Common last month.


Planet of the Apes?


Annie Mole said...

Glad you liked the Time Out Jon, this week's is the 2nd part - Secret London.

Jon said...

BTW, got the e-mail on the birthday pictures. Ugh, I need to work out and eat less!