Friday, August 27, 2004

PalmOne Treo 650

Well it had to happen and it finally did, pictures of the new PalmOne PDA smartphone has been leaked. The PDA coded name Ace is set for release this coming Autumn. It would sadly run on OS5 and not OS6 (Cobalt).

The specs are reasonable. Early indications is that it would feature an Intel XScale 312Mhz processor, built-in Bluetooth, 1.3Mp digital camera, 32Mb RAM, 320x320 resolution transreflective LCD screen


I doubt my preferred carrier - o2 UK - would carry this. The old Treo was an Orange exclusive so even if o2 managed to get their hands on the new Treo - it would probably be months after Orange starts to market this. I am not complaining though - while this looks nice, I am happy with my PalmOne Tungsten T3 and Hewlett-Packard iPAQ h4150. My 12 months initial contract with o2 has complete and I would soon order a Sony Ericsson K700i.

Hopefully by Summer 2005, a bunch of cheap VGA PDAs running either PalmOS or Pocket PC would have flooded the market.

Source: Palm Info Center

No comments: