Sunday, December 11, 2005

"Boom!" Fuel depot explosion

I was sleeping when at around 6am my bed started to vibrate. I felt the room shake. Thinking it was probably some idiot falling down the stairs or someone has decided to continue construction this early on a Sunday morning, so I went back to bed. I also heard a large bang but merely ignored it because I thought it could be a thunder.

It wasn't until I got up at 10am and switched on BBC News 24 that I found out that a fuel depot in Hemel Hempstead has been hit by a couple of massive explosions. I am now sure that the vibration I felt was due to the fuel depot incident. It was supposed to be a nice day today with the sun cheering us up but right now London has been engulfed in smog. Even Jennifer in far away Brighton felt the tremor. Apparently the south east coastal city is experiencing a hazy evening too.

In other news I am experiencing some frightening moments playing F.E.A.R.

5 comments:

elb said...

explosions? what explosions? I didn't hear anything, and the skies here were a lovely blue..

Anonymous said...

Well, I was already awake at 6am. I didn't hear a distinct explosion, but the windows were rattled more than I've ever heard before.

HardiJ said...

I was in Brighton and managed to sleep through till about 11am before switching to BBC News and found out what happened. I recalled my windows that facing the road were rattling so much about 6.15ish but that might just be lorry..

living-in-the-uk said...

non.. me no hear any sounds also ?? hehe.
oh yah btw, jon, can send me the group pics from the meet or not ?? pls ? thanx :P

PBUTT : <-- that's my verification word. ugh

Jon Choo said...

Ken, I will e-mail you once I get my archieves sorted. Should be somewhere.